Friday, May 7, 2010

Spring time gardening


Our neighbors across the street recently decorated their porch. Maggie (my roommate) and I declared Cute-Porch-War against them and have been working on making our porch cute, too. We did have a wreath on the porch, and had made a recent addition with a hanging fern. However, this adorable across-the-street-porch with its little potted flowers and hanging colored lanterns upped the competition.

Maggie is in charge of looking for cute lights or a new summer-y wreath for us, and i planted the flowers. I went to Home Depot and looked for pretty, hard-to-kill flowers that needed lots of sun. We ended up with four pots, and I'll highlight a few before they inevitably die!






I also took spoons I found at a garage sale and hammered them flat to make little decorations. 


And the finishing touch is one happy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment