Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rainy Day equals craft day

A blessed day free from any duties..... and it is pouring down rain


And a bored puppy who really wants a walk



So the best thing to do on a rainy day is something crafty- or several crafty things. I had a lot of little charms and pendants from old necklaces that i never wear anymore, and i've been wanting to combine them and make a new necklace for some time. So, today was the day. 
I went to Joann's and got some cheap silver chains and clasps (on sale!). 



And made this:


But i also had gold charms and finding a cheap gold chain was harder. 
So, i found a great alternative: a gold glasses chain (yes, like the one a grandma would wear). The charms were an old watch, a little gold locket and a four leaf clover pin that had all belonged to my grandmother. The chain was perfect!



The other rainy-day project was an old powder case i "borrowed" from my grandmother. It's gorgeous red leather with gold flowers and leaves on the cover. I found it in her attic and loved it, but had no idea how i could use it.





Until I thought about a picture frame. All i had to do was remove the pad and filter (and clean the make up out), cut a picture of me and Ben...



And now I have a new frame with old memories!



And, yes, Bailey did get her run- in the rain

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those necklaces you made! You are a genius, my friend!

    ReplyDelete