Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring time makeover


So Maggie and I have this back room/storage area. It's partly my closet, partly Bailey's crate room, mostly junky. I got a little overly ambitious one weekend and decided to clean it out and re-do it.
The inspiration came from going to the Senior Center's antique sale, where I bought the most adorable chalk board in an antique frame. This also came from my favorite blog, Frenchie and Flea also having a room makeover. So, I went to Walmart and bought some cheap paint (I am a grad student = low budget). The result was an inspiring craft room.... I hope!

before.    Don't judge me- it was a mess.



after. Much better, or at least, more organized!

The yellow lamp I found on Craig's List for $2.50.
The whicker dresser isn't my "thing" but it was given by a girl, and free is my "thing"!


The inspirational chalk board


this adorable potting table, once mint green. I painted it eggshell. 


I had this old frame that i painted the same color as the potting table. The picture is of a friend that I printed on tin foil.


I print by a friend in my art therapy class. 


Another antique sale treasure- two white bowls for $3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, even your dog looks "made over" in the after pic. Cute room.

    ReplyDelete